Soundforth has one of the best caroling books I’ve seen, and as long as I’ve known about it they have kept it in print (in fact, our school ordered some this year; in addition, they shipped very quickly!).
- CarolSing (single book) – $1.50 – http://www.bjupress.com/nav/product/119719
- CarolSing (pack of 20) – $20 – http://www.bjupress.com/nav/product/122028
It includes the following carols: “Angels from the Realms of Glory,” “Angels We Have Heard on High,” “As with Gladness, Men of Old,” “Away in a Manger,” “The Birthday of a King,” “The First Noel,” “God Rest You Merry Gentlemen,” “Good Christian Men, Rejoice,” “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” “How Great Our Joy,” “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear,” “Joy to the World,” “O Come, All Ye Faithful,” “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel,” “O Little Town of Bethlehem,” “Silent Night,” “There’s a Song in the Air,” “Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne,” “We Three Kings,” “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” “What Child Is This?,” and “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks.”
From Christmas Carols for a Kid’s Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth and Joni Eareckson Tada
(Click here for resources for all the books in this series.)
From http://www.christmascarolmusic.org/ – They claim that “no other web site offers all of these features”:
- All of it is free! No hidden costs, no teasers, no bait-and-switch.
- Sheet music for every carol, in standard PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format. No need to purchase or download special software!
- Sheet music in 4 parts (SATB) for most carols. Just the thing for caroling!
- Lead sheets (melody, chords & lyrics) for most carols.
- Additional guitar lead sheets in easy keys, when the piano lead sheet is in a horrible key for novice guitarists.
- Instrumental parts for C, F, Bb, and Eb instruments. Play in 4 parts with any combination of instruments!
- MIDI files for every carol (so you can hear what they sound like), with both 4-part (SATB) and melody-only versions.
- A list of CD’s where you can hear each carol, with easy links to buy them from Amazon.com, and (in most cases) a sound clip of a sample of the carol from the CD.
- Background music only when you ask for it, instead of playing automatically whether you want it or not!
- Lyric sheets for every carol. (Okay, so this is no big deal, but this site wouldn’t be complete without them.)
- Credits (author, composer, translator, arranger) for every carol.
- No obnoxious animations or pop-up ads.
- And did we mention that all of it is free?