June 5, 2011
“Why Are You Hungry When the Table Is Spread?”
Feasting on Scripture: the Preventative and Remedy for Spiritual Malnutrition
Since God’s Word supplies our spiritual deficiencies to equip us for every good work, we must pay attention to the Scriptures IN ORDER to:
- Experience salvation in Christ Jesus (3:15) (SALVATION)
- Know and understand truth (3:16) (DOCTRINE/TEACHING)
- Know what should not be in our lives (3:16) (REPROOF/REBUKE)
- Know what should be in our lives (3:16) (CORRECTION)
- Be Trained in Righteousness (3:16) (INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS)
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL BIBLE STUDY OR SERMON NOTE TAKING:
1. How does this passage point me to or remind me of salvation in Christ?
2. What truths has God revealed to me in His Word?
3. What wrongs in my own life have I been made aware of, and what errors do I need to avoid?
4. What are the right things that need to be in place?
5. How is training in righteousness promoted in this passage?